WHY JEFFERSONIAN DINNERS?
Although the American food revolution is very 2016, it also takes much inspiration and guidance by looking back. Back to agrarian roots, to locally sourced ingredients, to smaller quantities, to a world where processed foods and chemical preservatives were not even imagined.
As the Food+Enterprise Summit brings together entrepreneurs, investors and others committed to improving our food system, it feels very appropriate to take a page from one of America’s most notable revolutionaries — Thomas Jefferson. Jefferson was a master catalyst, and he recognized the power of bringing together a diverse group of people for sharing discussion and a delicious meal.
Jefferson regularly hosted such dinners at his Virginia home, Monticello, with far more than social intentions. Important ideas were being exchanged; meaningful connections were made; and nation-shaping action resulted. Certainly a perfect model for a Food+Enterprise Special Event.
What to expect at the Jeff Dinners on April 8?
- An intimate group, no more than 8-10 per table
- A diverse group of Summit attendees, speakers and others passionate about changing our food system
- A one-of-a-kind, pop-up dining experience – on site at the Summit
- A specially designed menu, with the chef on hand to meet you
- Personal introductions around the table
- A single discussion, with a facilitator to involve everyone
- Provocative topics, focused toward productive action
Participants will have an opportunity to pause, think, listen, contribute and connect – as well as to relish a superb and unique dining experience. Exactly as Thomas Jefferson had in mind!
Purchase your ticket to attend Food+Enterprise’s Jeffersonian Dinner Friday April 8, 7:00-9:00 PM