Food + Enterprise PitchFest, sponsored by Rabobank, promotes the success of local Good Food Businesses. Enterprises applying to PitchFest will be evaluated for Selection based upon the degree to which they meet some or all of the following Criteria:
- Related to Food, Beverage or Agriculture
- Fundraising Round occurring before, during or immediately after PitchFest
- Gross Revenues at least $100,000 in past Fiscal Year
- “Local” as defined by having one or more of the following items located within a day’s drive of NYC ( roughly 250 miles):
- Main Office
- Production Facility
- Most Product Ingredients
- Majority of Labor Force
- “Sustainable” – Positive impact on social, cultural, economic or environmental regeneration of the local food system. For more guidance about explaining your company’s approach to sustainability:
- Commitment – Agreement to commit time and resources to manage some form of crowdfunding campaign TBD to coincide with PitchFest.
- Attendance – Agreement to attend Pitch Prep Workshop (Date TBD), several prep phone calls and BOTH days of Food + Enterprise 4/8 + 4/9.
- Special Consideration is given to entrepreneurs who are people of color, come from low-income backgrounds or whose enterprises focus on food system change in low-income communities or other historically disadvantaged areas that lack access to local, sustainable, healthy food
Please note that Food + Enterprise is neither offering nor promoting an offering to purchase or sell securities at PitchFest.